Medicknits

life, kids, knitting, and whatever else is going on

Sunday, September 03, 2006



Hi everyone......

I am new to this, so if i am boring, oh well......

Those are my two awesome kids, Joey, 7 and Jamie, 3.

As you might imagine, they keep me busy. I work outside of the home as both an RN and a paramedic in a very busy urban hospital-based EMS system.

Anyone else out there knit or crochet while sitting in an emergency vehicle or ICU? When I first started about 12 years ago, I got some very strange looks, and more than a few odd questions. However, since then, most of the people giving me the stink eye have either been recipients of my handiwork, or have received a knitting or crochet lesson.

This sweater is my latest accomplishment, made mostly while sitting in a paramedic truck in Lawrence, MA. The pattern is from the book Best of Lopi. Lots of mistakes, but I'm happy with the result.

Also, the other female medics and I have been making crchet hats for the Caps to the Capitol campaign.....so far, I haven't been able to get any of the guys to join. Oh well, I'll keep working on them.

That's about all for now.....hope to hear from anyone soon............Jen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home